Federal Signal’s state-of-the art e-Q2B electronic siren carries on the tradition of our classic Q2B® electro-mechanical siren. The e-Q2B combines Digital Signal Processor (DSP) technology with a true 200 watts of speaker output to reproduce genuinely and accurately the distinctive sound of the Q-siren at a fraction of the current draw.
The e-Q2B is comprised of a 200-watt DSP Amplifier, and a Digital Output Controller. These components work together to generate the recognized sound of Federal’s Q-siren. In addition to the recognizable “Q” sound, the e-Q2B provides all of the functionality of an electronic siren with PA.
Q2B OR e-Q2B – THAT IS THE QUESTION!!! The e-Q2B electronic siren is the right choice for your smaller apparatus or ambulance when you want the same penetrating, long distance warning of the electro-mechanical Q2B without the current draw requirements. The e-Q2B produces the bona fide “Q” sound with only 30 amps of continuous current draw. With the e-Q2B, you can put the sound of the “Q” on vehicles in your fleet whose electrical systems previously could not support a Q-siren. When you cannot use the original Q2B, specify the e-Q2B.
• State-of-the-art Digital Output Controller digitally transmits and prioritizes end user commands.
• Features the traditional Q2B sound with additional electronic siren features such as yelp, air horn, PA, and radio rebroadcast.
• Use a 200W speaker or pair of 100W speakers with the e-Q2B.
• Current draw of only 30 amps makes it ideal for fire apparatus, ambulances, and personal vehicles.
• Q-siren Wail (Auto and Manual), “Q” Brake, Yelp, and Air Horn.
• Designed to meet SAE and FCC standards concerning radio frequency interference.
• True 200-watt PA and radio rebroadcast.
• Noise canceling microphone included.
• Foot switch compatible.
• Fire apparatus
• Light Fleet/Command Vehicles
• Control Head - 3.5" (8.9 cm) H x 7" (17.8 cm) L x 2" (5.1 cm) D
• Amplifier - 4" (10.2 cm) H x 15" (38.1 cm) L x 9" (22.9 cm) D
• 122 decibels at ten feet
• 200 watts
• 30 amps (at 13.6 V with 5.50-ohm load; standby current: 0 amps)